Our unique CURE program is an optional preliminary service that presents a restorative opportunity to borrowers. The program objective is to assist borrowers to rehabilitate their delinquency and rescind long-term collection placement.
This service includes:
- Deep-skin skip-trace through four major database and social media resources
- Up to five CURE letters to three addresses
- Up to fifteen telephone attempts
Financial literacy education and tools for your borrower include:
- Debt coaching unique to their current circumstances
- Credit and collections education including repairing, building and maintaining credit
- FICO score calculations
- Budgeting worksheet
- Access to one copy of a their credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion
An account is considered to be CURED if the borrower brings the account current by paying the arrearages, obtains a forbearance or deferment which cover the past payments, pays the account in full or invokes another method or entitlement which removes their account from a delinquent status or from collection placement. There is no charge for accounts that are not successfully CURED.
CURE is available on all first placement campus-made loans and tuition accounts.